SMG Purchasing Coordinator in North Charleston, South Carolina
POSITION: Purchasing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Purchasing Coordinator at the North Charleston Coliseum, Convention and Performing Arts Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the administration of web-based purchase order system.
- Contacts all vendors to make purchases.
- Ensures that approvals for purchase orders are completed in a timely fashion.
- Analyzes facility purchasing needs and identifies effective and efficient solutions.
- Works with Operations/Building Services to select vendors, assesses vendor capabilities, develops alternate sources, evaluates vendor performance and negotiates price and delivery of goods and services.
- Ascertains that purchasing documents are properly completed and terms and conditions of purchases are appropriate.
- Assures that department records are maintained and purchases are followed-up or expedited when required. Department records include price histories used to provide information on price variances.
- Processing show orders and giving the reports to Building Services prior to the shows.
- Maintain purchase files.
- Undertakes specifically assigned projects relating to procurement and provides summaries, reports and recommendations on these subjects.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Undergraduate business related degree
Two to three years of purchasing experience, public assembly facility preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Good mathematical, organizational and communication skills required.
Ability to interact with all levels of employees.
Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
No certifications are required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility (ies), at times, walking and/or standing for 8-10 hours or greater as required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled