Tenet Healthcare PCA Med/Surg FT Evenings in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Performs and coordinates the clerical and public relations functions for the unit, as well as coordinating patient services and tests provided by the other ancillary hospital departments; acts as unit receptionist receiving and directing visitors. Assumes the responsibility for correctly transcribing orders on all patients assigned. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality work according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Must be willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Successful completion of Certified Nursing Assistant Course and CNA Certification, completion of Nursing Fundamentals Course in an accredited RN program, EMT certification or Medical Assistant certification
· Successful completion of Medical Terminology Course or completion of course (.edu) within orientation period
· Successful completion of hospital service orientation program
· Attends Skills Fair and completes yearly competency checklists
· Basic computer and typing skills required
· Previous hospital experience or secretary training within the medical field preferred
· BCLS certification preferred
· Must utilize common sense and good judgment.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
· Must be able to adapt to varying patterns of supervision.
· Must be able to perform duties accurately under stress.
· Must perform duties within scope of practice and conforming to standards of practice.
· Must have the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members.
· Discretion is required in handling confidential information.
· Must be able to work irregular schedules, weekends, and holidays due to staffing and census fluctuations.
Organization: East Cooper Medical Center
Title: PCA Med/Surg FT Evenings
Location: SC-Mount Pleasant
Requisition ID: 1805012972