Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Software Developer in Charleston, South Carolina
Full Time / Part-Time
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (GEN-18-0648-F):
Bowhead is seeking a web applications developer to serve as system manager for the Electronic Security Systems Information Management System (ESSIMS) serving our Charleston-based SPAWAR client in support of Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps.
Essential Duties Include:
• Coordinate with the QA manager to ensure all processes and software changes meet the standard requirements
• Coordinate with the Information Assurance (IA) manager to ensure the ESSIMS server maintains IA certifications
• Support ESSIMS Modules including: Dashboard, Project Data, Cost Estimate, Funding, Contracts, Tasking, Inventory, Document Repository, Contacts and Reporting
• Develop/integrate new modules as requested
• Ability to develop complex requirements/capabilities from broad requests
• Deliver ADHOC and standard reports
• Troubleshoot various issues users have with the website and determine the necessary steps for resolving issues - manual data fixes, patches or problem resolution to be resolved in later builds
• Respond to ESSIMS CCB requests to determine if feature requests can be implemented and the amount of effort to implement requests. Also coordinate release schedules with the CCB
• Coordinate server maintenance between the data center and ESSIMS CCB
• Develop and implement new processes to track and document changes for the lifecycle software development
• Design, develop, and implement changes to the ESSIMS application
• Modify and maintain the current ESSIMS modules and provide programming enhancements
• Bachelors Degree in Science, Masters degree (preferred)
• ASP.Net Developer: 5-7 years
• SQL Server: 5-7 years
• SQL Server Reporting Services: 2-3 years
• HTML/CSS 5-7 years
• Microsoft Visual C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio
• BS in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
• Active Secret Clearance
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UICÆs Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. Applicants may be subject to a random drug screen, and must follow UICÆs Non-DOT Drug
& Alcohol Testing Program.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicantÆs resume/application may be subject to verification.
^Link to apply:https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=20286
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41