Black & Veatch Resident Engineer - Water/Wastewater in Charleston, South Carolina
Resident Engineer - Water/Wastewater
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Responsible for coordination of the construction on the project. Coordinates compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Field Manager.
Contract administration and Construction
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages and coordinates all on-site subcontractor activities for compliance with the CPM schedule and monitors and enforces compliance with subcontract requirements; Implements the Project Construction Execution Plan.
• Supervises and mentors all field staff; monitors their activities and provides leadership.
• Monitors and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance (including trends) to the Project Field Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes actions necessary to meet project budget and schedule requirements.
• Directs the establishment and implementation of subcontractor schedule recovery plans as required.
• Coordinates the Construction Completion Walkdowns and the complete hand over of start-up packages to the Startup Manager and supervises the close out of all punch list items.
• Assists Project Field Manager with client interface and relations.
• Coordinates with Field Material Manager to review all site procured materials for acceptance.
• Reviews and approves equipment rentals (if supplied by company) and coordinates shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
• Conducts weekly coordination meeting with subcontractors.
• Conducts weekly subcontractor meetings.
• Reports weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Field Project Controls Manager.
• Monitors all extra work authorization requests, backcharges, and supplier and subcontractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Directly responsible for the Construction Equipment budget
• Monitors and approve all CIR replies to the subcontractors.
• Responsible for completion of the construction punchlist.
• Has full knowledge of the safety program
• Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
• Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers. Further disputes are then deferred to the Project Field Manager.
• Has the ability to stand in for the Project Field Manager in his absence.
• Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
• Monitors and controls overtime by his subordinates and subcontractors.
• Writes the construction portion of the client and construction monthly report.
• Coordinates with the Field Engineers or home office engineers on engineering deliverables
Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred, or 3 years of experience at the superintendent level. 5+ years with a degree or 14+ years without degree All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
10-20 years of experience in the water/wastewater industry
Expirience in Program management, Knowledge of construction technology (Water/Wastewater) Advanced Knowledge of EPC industry Advanced Constructability knowledge Advanced Knowledge of project budget process and tools.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.