Lowe's Admin Service Assoc CDT in Charleston, South Carolina
Job Title: Admin Service Associate
The primary function of the Administrative Service Associate (ASA) is to provide administrative support for effective warehouse functioning. This includes printing tickets, signing off trucks and supporting drivers while en route. The ASA serves as the point of contact for the contact center and collaborates on resolution of customer issues or escalates issues if necessary. The ASA is also responsible for communicating with vendors and manufacturers on merchandise returns. The ASA will assist coaches with daily administration and manages the CDT mail box. The ASA is required to maintain a safe and secure work environment by conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping areas clean and organized, and monitoring for potential theft or security risks. Lastly, the ASA is responsible for completing all other duties as needed.
Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week. Required to work a pre-determined schedule, but may be changed by management based on business needs. Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day requires advanced notification and approval by supervisor. Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or 10 to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on business needs.
This position reports to an Admin Coach and does not have direct reports.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Acting with Honor and Character: Integrity and Ethics
Administrative Ability: Coordination Activities, Form, Report, and Log Completion, Computer Use, Files and Records Management, Administrative Ability
Communicating Effectively: Written Communication, Information Sharing, Telephone Etiquette, Verbal Communication, English Language Proficiency
- Calls vendors to obtain approval to accept special order returns.
- Completes Return to Manufacturer (RTM) program which includes all paperwork, packaging, and vendor contact.
- Ensures all damaged items are placed in designated damage area.
- Ensures good housekeeping standards are in place and programs, such as Area Recovery, are executed daily to guarantee that the facility (Including work areas) is clean and organized at all times.
- Follows up on Inventory, RTVs/Buybacks, Weekly Cleared RTM Store Exception, and Out-For-Repair reports.
- Generates reports including weekly cleared list, damaged on hand list, and out for repair list.
- Greets and acknowledges all customers in a friendly, professional manner; provides quick, responsive customer service; and understands and responds appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries.
- Holds vendors accountable when product failures are involved by ensuring vendor returns are processed and packaged for return or destroyed; and maintains security of damaged/defective and out-for-repair merchandise according to policy and procedure.
- Keeps paperwork filed and organized.
- Notifies Team Lead or Operations Coach of customer complaints, dissatisfaction, and procedure violations.
- Notifies Team Lead or Operations Coach when products in box do not match box description and records what was received versus what is missing.
- Orders parts of products that are missing and necessary for assembly.
- Participates in training for equipment and safety procedures.
- Processes and returns damaged, discontinued, defective, out-for-repair, and vendor buy back merchandise by contacting appropriate vendors according to policies and procedures.
- Processes receipt of merchandise from inbound trucks (e.g., RDC); verifies incoming shipments against the accompanying bill of lading; records the shipment and the condition of its contents; and moves stock and other materials to and from storage and loading docks using the appropriate tools and equipment (e.g., Scanners, Forklifts, Pallet jacks, Two-wheelers).
- Verifies Retail Distribution Center (RDC) requisition, shipping location, and seals.
- Works closely with Production Office team to ensure timely processing of RTMs for labor, product, vendor/ manufacturer reimbursements for installed projects.
- Answers phones, responds to email messages, serves as the point of contact for Contact Center, and collaborates on resolution of customer issues.
- Manages special orders, receives and researches discrepancies and missing purchase orders.
- Processing merchandise return and PAR billing.
Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks. This includes the ability to move throughout all areas of the facility (e.g., sales floor, receiving, register areas, lawn and garden), Lowe's property surrounding the facility, or additional work areas.
Hand-Eye Coordination: The ability to coordinate one's eyes with one's fingers, wrists, or arms to move, carry, or manipulate objects or to perform other job-related tasks
Manual Dexterity: The ability to make quick, accurate, skillful, coordinated movements of one hand, one hand in coordination with its arm, or two hands to grasp, place, move, or assemble objects.
Physical Requirements (continued)
Physical Strength: The ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands, arms, back, abdominal muscles, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
Proper Lifting Techniques: The ability to properly lift heavy objects or equipment. This includes the knowledge of correct bending and lifting techniques as needed to properly position and use one's hands, feet, legs, arms, and back to lift objects or equipment, and to push, pull, and carry heavy objects.
Protective Equipment: The ability to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
Visual Acuity: The ability to see details (e.g., letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels, signs, video displays including iPads) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
Work Conditions: The ability to perform job activities, with appropriate intermittent relief where applicable, under difficult work conditions such as in extreme cold, heat, inclement weather, at heights, while exposed to constant/intermittent sounds.
Lifting Lifts 26-40 pounds without assistance many times a day and also lifts 41-75 pounds without assistance daily.
Additionally this role lifts 76-100 pounds with assistance daily.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
1 year professional experience utilizing administrative skills (i.e., word processing and spreadsheet software).
AND High School Diploma or equivalent
Completion of an Associate's Degree or Certificate program
1 year experience at any other big-box retailer or distribution center.
Job ID: 1268217BR
Line of Business: Distribution
Job Category: Customer Service
Department: 0304 - DC Product Flow
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Location #: 3348
Location Name: Lowe's Central Delivery Term
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.